NJ Serious Injury Attorney
Working with Clients that Have Sustained Serious Injuries in Preventable Accidents
Every day, people are seriously injured in accidents that happen because of someone else’s carelessness. These incidents often leave victims with serious medical issues and an inability to work for weeks, months, or even longer. In addition, victims often experience significant emotional pain and suffering and are unable to enjoy the things they once did. Fortunately, if this has happened to you, you may be entitled to significant legal compensation as a result of your accident. Serious injury attorney Kurt M. Resch is dedicated to helping people that have been seriously injured in accidents recover, and regularly represents clients with the following types of injuries, as well as others:
- Injuries resulting in permanent disability
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Accidental amputations
If you have sustained one of these serious injuries or another injury that has resulted in financial or personal loss, you should call our office immediately.
Personal Injury Legal Process
After an injury, you may have the vague understanding that you are entitled to compensation but may be confused about how you can go about obtaining it. The good news is that you do not have to handle your personal injury claim yourself – when you retain a lawyer, he or she will handle the entire process for you, from communicating with the insurance company handling your claim to filing a lawsuit on your behalf. This allows you to focus on the most important issue at hand – your recovery. Here are some of the steps that are often involved in a personal injury case arising from a serious accident:
- Investigation – In some cases, the person or business responsible for an accident is not willing to concede liability. When this occurs, it is necessary for the injured victim to gather evidence that shows that the other party negligently caused the accident. This can include gathering surveillance footage of an accident, interviewing witnesses, obtaining cell phone records, or requesting medical records.
- Settlement negotiation – In cases where liability is conceded, the only issue that needs to be resolved is how much money the at-fault party will pay the victim. In most instances, an insurance company is the party that will be paying the claim, and insurance adjusters are trained to minimize the amount the company pays out. For this reason, victims that are unrepresented often recover significantly less compensation that those that retain an attorney.
- Filing a lawsuit – If the at-fault party refuses to concede liability or make a reasonable settlement offer, it may become necessary to file a lawsuit in order to recover compensation. In these cases, it is critical for victims to retain an attorney that is familiar with litigating personal injury cases.
The personal injury process is complicated, and victims who try and represent themselves are at a distinct disadvantage when they go up against insurance companies that regularly handle injury claims. As a result, it is always highly advisable to retain a qualified attorney.
How Much Will It Cost For Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have been hurt in an accident, you may be concerned about the costs associated with hiring an attorney. After all, if you are unable to work, any additional expenses may be difficult to manage. The good news is that we take all of our cases on a contingent-fee basis, which means that you will not owe anything in legal fees unless we successfully recover on your behalf. In addition, we will cover any up-front costs associated with your case, ensuring that you have the best possible chance of recovery. Some of these costs may include the following:
- Hiring an investigator to find evidence of negligence
- The costs associated with expert witnesses
- Reviewing evidence relevant to your case
- Court costs
Any legal fees that you pay will come out of the settlement or award we recover on your behalf, meaning that you will never be required to pay for legal representation out of money that you already have.
NJ Serious Injury Attorney
Call the Law Offices of Kurt M. Resch, P.C. Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation
If you have suffered a serious injury that you believe was caused by the negligence of another person, you should call our office today. With more than 35 years of experience representing the rights of injured victims. New Jersey attorney Kurt M. Resch is qualified to help you obtain the compensation you deserve and regularly works with clients in Bergen County, Hudson County, Passaic County, and the surrounding areas. Do not hesitate to call our office today at 201-488-5454 to learn how we can help you recover. If you would prefer to send us an email, please do so through our online contact form available here.